Worship & Tech Team Application
We’re excited that you’re interested in being a part of the Worship/Tech Team! It is a fun, challenging, and rewarding ministry. If God has gifted you with musical or technical talent, we want you to be able to use it for His glory! This is a somewhat complex ministry with many moving parts. So, for your advantage, and that of the Worship/Tech Ministry as a whole, there is a short process to become a regularly scheduled member of the worship team. Here are the first few steps...
- Prayerfully consider your involvement.
- Please read this page completely. There is a lot of important information that you will need to know.
- The Worship Arts Director will contact you about your application and the audition process.
One of our goals is to equip our people to live a life of worship. Whether at church, at work, or at home, living in close relationship with God is an awesome and humbling privilege that we encourage at every opportunity. The Worship/Tech Ministry seeks to enhance that relationship by giving our people an opportunity to praise God together, through song, as one unified body.
We want worship to be simple and accessible. Singing to God with a sincere heart does not have or need to be complex. With that said there is a certain level of preparation, planning, and practice that goes into making each and every worship service simple. Because of this, there is a certain level of commitment that is required from the Worship/Tech Team. This commitment can take on many forms. Here are a few practical areas where level of commitment is most evident.
- Be on time. Everyone’s time is valuable. It’s important that everyone be punctual for practice so that we can use our limited time as efficiently as possible.
- Be prepared. Practices are infinitely smoother when everyone has listened to the scheduled music and practiced with it at least once. Being prepared also means having any gear or equipment that you intend to use on Sunday with you for practice. (Chord charts will be provided by the worship leader at practice).
- Be positive. It is much easier to work together when ideas or suggestions are presented with a good attitude.
- Dress appropriately. Rise Church has a very relaxed unofficial “dress code.” However, there are a few basic requirements. Shoulders, cleavage, and the mid-section should be completely covered at all times. Any article of clothing with questionable text or graphics should not be worn. We want our people’s focus to be on God. Anything that takes focus off of Him is a hindrance to our ultimate goal. Should your choice of clothing not meet this standard, you will not be able to lead until it has been resolved. This decision is up to the Pastor or the Worship/Arts Director.
- Be flexible. It is the Worship Leader’s responsibility to give adequate notice of schedule changes or changes to the service. While it is not uncommon for these changes to take place, it is only done when necessary.
AUDITION PROCESS (WORSHIP TEAM ONLY)
There are two rounds to the audition process. The first round involves sending in a video submission of you playing or singing and the second round involves a live audition with the band.
ROUND 1 - Video Submission
Please submit a short video of you playing or singing. Only 1 song is necessary. Choose any worship song you'd like. Please play or sing the entire song. A simple video shot on a smartphone or tablet will be sufficient.
Please upload your video to you www.wetransfer.com. They also have a smartphone application you can download. Send video submissions to email@example.com. The videos will not be shared with anyone but the worship/arts director.
Round 2 - Live Audition
If selected to proceed to a live audition. The worship/arts director will send you an email with 1-2 songs to learn.
Once you return your application, the Worship Arts Director will contact you to arrange an audition time. You will be given 1-2 songs that are used regularly in our worship services as well as the corresponding chord charts or lyric sheets. After you’ve had time to prepare, you will audition with the band. The audition will consist of observing the band run through the set, to get a feel for how we operate. Then a performance with the band.
In some cases, it may be evident that an applicant’s skills have not developed enough to serve on a regularly scheduled basis. Should this be the case, those conducting the audition will give some advice on how the applicant can improve. After some time and practice another audition may be scheduled.
Once you’ve been selected to be a part of the team, we will have you sign a Worship Team Agreement.
We will also set up an account for you on www.planningcenteronline.com. This is an online service planning website where the Worship Leader posts the songs for the coming services. It allows worship team members to access chord charts and lyric sheets as well as audio recordings or YouTube videos of songs we will be using in worship.
After your account is set up and you have access to the resources you need, you’re ready to go. The Worship Leader is in charge of scheduling vocalists and instrumentalists. The frequency with which you are scheduled is based on how many team members we have and the information you provide on the application. (i.e. experience, availability).